When hearing is a problem, even simple tasks such as talking on the telephone can become difficult.
If you or a loved one are experiencing hearing loss, you know how difficult everyday tasks can become. Fortunately, there are now many options that can dramatically improve your hearing comprehension… and your quality of life. From digital hearing instruments to assistive listening devices that can help you hear your telephone, TV or alarm clock, Parker Hearing Institute has the solution that’s right for you.
TV Ears® provides crystal-clear sound from any TV in the world!
TV Ears’ Total Hearing System is a state-of-the-art wireless system that allows everyone to hear the television — without disturbingly high sound! TV Ears works with most televisions and offers advanced features that allow for a more natural listening experience for those with or without hearing loss. Some of these advanced features include:
• Television Audio Processing (TAP) is a unique feature — the transmitter processes the audio from your TV or other audio devices and amplifies regular dialogue, hard to hear voices and whispers, thus enhancing your TV viewing/hearing experience.
• Automatic Volume Control (AVC) selectively compresses loud bursts of volume that are annoying when watching a program, channel surfing, or during commercials.
• Infrared technology — TV Ears’ infrared technology provides safe, superior sound quality without the interference and frequency drifting common to most 900 MHz radio frequency headphones.
• Left-right balance control allows you to adjust the volume for rich sound in both ears.
• Volume/Tone Enhancer allows you to adjust the audio to your personal needs.
• Combination charger and transmitter can quickly charge two headsets at the same time.
• Long-lasting charge — headsets will function up to 10 hours on a 3-hour charge.
Amplified telephones let you enjoy using the phone again!
Parker Hearing Institute also offers a wide array of amplified telephone and cordless telephone systems from brands such as Dialogue, Ultratec, PhoneMax, VTech and more. Designed for people with moderate to severe hearing loss, these telephones pack a wealth of features that make talking on the phone more enjoyable than ever! In addition to loads of standard features, some of the hearing-impaired features from various models include:
• Volume control up to 30 times (30 dB) louder, for loud and clear telephone calls.
• Tone Selector adjusts sound clarity and distinguishes similar sounding words like “chair” & “share”.
• Audio output jack for connection to assistive listening devices.
• Handset is compatible with hearing aid T-coil.
• Adjustable super loud ringer (up to 85 dB) and bright visual ring flasher.
• Easy-to-see oversized keypad buttons.
• Adjustable outgoing voice amplification (12 dB).
Increase speech comprehension by using MicroLink with your behind-the-ear hearing instrument
With the MicroLink FM transmitter/receiver system, you’ll always have a direct connection to the conversation. That’s because MicroLink is a two-part system consisting of a microphone/transmitter, which picks up speech and sends it via FM radio waves directly to a tiny FM receiver that connects to your BTE (behind-the-ear) personal hearing instrument. Use the MicroLink transmitter by holding it in your hand, setting it on a table, giving to your loved one to speak into… the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
But why is FM transmission so important? Because even with the best hearing instruments, most hearing-impaired people notice that they have difficulty hearing in certain situations — for example using the telephone, watching television, during a business meeting or holding a conversation in a car or a restaurant. The MicroLink FM system is designed to work with most BTE hearing instruments and makes communication in all these difficult situations so much easier! To learn more, be sure to ask about the Phonak MicroLink at your next appointment.
Finally — an alarm clock designed to wake the hearing impaired!
Never miss another appointment! When you have to wake up on time, it’s nice to know that we offer these unique alarm clocks — including models from Sonic Boom, Shake Awake, Little Quake, ILY, HAL-HEN and more — that give you up to three options for waking up: by light, vibrator (designed to be placed under the pillow) or an adjustable buzzer that can wake even the heaviest sleeper (up to 98 dB). Additional features found in these alarm clocks include:
• A built-in outlet for a lamp and an auxiliary jack for bed vibrator (the lamp can be used for both flashing and reading).
• Battery back-up, snooze button and digital or analog displays.
• Volume and tone adjustments.
• Some Sonic Alert models also feature a built-in remote receiver that works with any Sonic Alert transmitter.
We also offer telephone amplifiers (for your existing phone), text telephones, visual notification systems and more!